Everyday I think endlessly about my day to day activities and how to attain fulfillment. I will admit, that I am one to complain about how long my day is, and how tired I am, but at the end of the day, I have to realize that I have control of my life, and I need to take the steering wheel and drive my life into the direction that I desire.
When I am at school, I do a lot. I am proud of all of my accomplishments, proud of all of the things I do, and all the things I try to pursue. My friend once reminded me that the lord will never give you more than you can bear. It is so true!
Among my list of priorities
-5 classes
+Lead 325-Team Leadership
+Lead 353-Organizational and Strategic Leadership
+Fin 324- Corporate Finance
+Span 344-Introduction to Spanish Literature
+Mgmt 491-Teaching Assistant for Finance Management
-Exective Board of BMMMO (A management organization on Campus)
-Financial Manager of the Pledge Committee of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
-OCCT Transport Bus Driver
I know what I signed myself up for and I can accept it. Its just at times I feel so overwhelmed and just sick of everything. I try to take things one step at a time and try to visualize where I want my life to be. However, I feel that perhaps my visualizations conflict me from taking things day by day.
Besides trying to do my best in all of my classes, the next thing that comes to mind, is if I will succeed after college. Will I find a job after graduation next year? Will I be as successful as everyone says I will be?
It kinds of hurts when you're the one most of your friends turn to for advise when it comes to professional development, interview and resume prep, when everyone around you is getting an internship before you. My peers come to me in search for wisdom, support and guidance, and it makes me happy to know that I am the one they turn too. I am the one they are proud to share their accomplishments with. But it makes me wonder, what about me? When will it be my turn? The conversation is always one-sided,
Friend:Omg, I got an internship with ________________ this summer, what about you?
Me: No, I havent found anything yet, still looking.
Friend: Aww man, we'll I'm sure you'll get something. You really deserve it.
Lord, only knows how many time I've had that convo. It hurts, but I realize good things happen to those who wait. For now, I'll continue to wait, while waiting I will continue to try to drive my life down the right track.
Take control, only you hold the reins.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

1 comment:
good stuff...you'll get something awesome!
Post a Comment