So, the other day, my mom wanted to go out to eat with me. She decided that I should find a spot in Manhattan, since I'm always there and I come back and tell her all of my stories. So she said go and find a place and let us go. I was proud and pleased to do so, because she wanted to go to Red Lobster's. My friend then recommended a restaurant to me in the Upper East Side, called One Fish Two Fish We took the train into the city. My mom went to the booth and requested to get a metro card. While she did that, I was observing the station. There were two latina policewomen, and they surrounded a man, black man about probably between the ages of 18-25. I did not see the previous circumstances, but it wasnt hard to interpret what just happened.
Cop Lady 1:So, you're going to tell me that you did not have $2 for the subway?
Boy: Nope.
Cop Lady 2: So, you're going to tell me that you dont have any friends who could lend you $2?
Boy: Nope
Cop Lady 1: That's very sad.
Boy: Well you know its a recession.
Cop Lady 2: Yea, sure, blame it on the recession.
This is when I left, don't know what happened next. This seems like the common cry, instead of blaming it on the 'goose, its blame it on the recession. I know I joke around with my friends, and cry about how I'm broke and I say well you know we're in a recession. But, all seriousness, you're going to blame the recession as to why you cant find $2 to take the train??? This is how I see it, if you do not have $2 then you shouldn't go anywhere. Excuse my french, but, stay your ass home! I have no shame in saying sorry I cant go out today, I don't have money today, but if your are a shamed of that, then make up an excuse, say you have to babysit or something.
Granted the recession is restricting our disposable income. This just simply means we have to switch up our lifestyles a bit. If your, broke don't blame it on the recession, and don't hop turnstiles. Hopping a turnstile and getting caught will cost you more than $2. SMH
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

3 comments:
Recession my booty!!!
These are the same people rocking $300 jeans...they could kick rocks! The only people that should be using the recession excuse is people that lost their jobs and college students...lol
LOL I'm with Adwoa on this one... that boy is just cheap.
I tagged you on my page JJ...go look!!
Post a Comment