Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Get off your ***!

Attending a predominantly white institution of higher learning has forced me to think outside of the box. My thinking process has been tweaked to see both the underlying issue at hand as without overlooking the prominent issue at large. Majority of the times, people are very quick to attack an issue, without thoroughly addressing every side. We are quick to take grievances and start up a fuss when the answer is not always clearly given to us.

My question is, where are the questions? Why don't we bring up questions to those issues that are giving us grief? Why are we so passive in making movements?

My belief is, the only way for us to thoroughly decipher a problem is to investigate. How do you investigate? By asking questions.

In conclusion, I just want to say it is up to us to make progress, either socially, politically and economically. Don't wait on others to take charge, or do not solely rely on them. Ask about it. Offer your assistance. Be proactive. At the end of the day, your passion is a true driver towards success.

Thoughts.

No comments:

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?