I have been single for a year, and I'm fairly content with that due to all of my new findings and discoveries within myself. I have numerous friends that tell me I am too picky and I should settle for something less. But if I know what my expectations are why should I lower them to ultimately be dissatified and hurt.
At the end of the day, numerous women go into relationships to fill the void of loneliness. Some enter and try to compensate for the mans short comings so they are not alone. Why? If I know what I want. I know what I can do for myself then why should I help assist my partner in doing something for me when I can do it myself. In the end a partner is supposed to compliment you yet supplement you. And by being a place mat and a paper weight serves no justice.
We need to sit down and evaluate ourselves before we jump into relationships and be able to throughly articulate our wants and desires. At the end of the day we need to abide by this rule and don't twist it because you're afraid of being alone. I'm not going to change my views and ideas because that's the only way you believe I will be happy and satisfied.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

1 comment:
Ummm... I think that I've been single for so long, that I've forgotten what its like to be in a relationship. I would like to be in a relationship. However, I don't have time to waste, and refuse to be in one just because...Good post..
Post a Comment