Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Circle of trust...



I know we all remember this picture from from the Meet the Parents movie. Trust is a hard thing to gain and often a very easy thing to lose. There is no doubt that being with people is an essential part of living, and we live our lives with the joy and misery of the people who are closes to us. I often wish life could be as easy as it was when I was a baby. I would be able to pee and poob when ever I wanted without having to wonder who is going to clean me up. When your a baby, you're kind of born into a circle of trust. You trust who your parents trust, but when you get older their circle of trust, may not completely coincide with your circle.

For example, when you are born the next people you can trust outside of your immediate family are your god parents, they take a vow to be there when your parents cant. When your parents can't help you out, I guess you're godparents are supposed to jump in. However, in the scenario of my godfather and my brother's godmother, just pulled the cover off of us, and ripped the band-aids off of us. The man who gave my mother away at her wedding, sent a man over to my house to give us a court date letter. Evicting us out of a house, we were proud to call home for the last 21 years. A rush of anger overwhelms me, because I feel like I am the strong one in the family, when they don't have the answers they turn to me. I don't have the answer to this one, I can't help them, I can barely help myself.

It's just sad, because I don't know what to do, there isn't much I can do but try to be supportive.

2 comments:

Kofi Bofah said...

That picture is funny.

I am too tired right now to get deep tough.

I will check in another time.

ChoColAte KiSs said...

i may be kinda slow...but A)i never seen that picture...and B) i dont understand it..

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?