I like solitude, I enjoy being by myself. In no way shape or form will I call myself a loner, because I enjoy being with people as well. However, being alone gives me a sense of who I am and assurance with myself, that hanging out with people cannot give me.
When I am alone, all I do is simply think. I think about my present, my past and my future. I review my past, as I feel that the past helps to define my future and where I am going. I think about my present, and what I need to do today in order to bring me closer to my dreams. My dreams are big, but I don't think that they are unattainable, there is so many things I can see that are not quite at my grasp, but in time they will be, and I can only hope and pray that that comes true.
Above the many things that comes to my mind are my career interests and determination to be a successful business woman, and thoughts of when I will find a significant other who will support my goals and ambitions as well as have goals and ambitions of his own. This is a topic that most of my close friends would love me to get into, but I feel that I lack the words to say in that department. I believe I can only feel what my desires and wants are in a partner, and if I am forced to write down what that is, it would be no different from what everyone else wants in a partner. At the end of the day, I want someone who can uplift me, someone who could inspire me to want better, and I will do the same in return.
I believe I've had my fair share of men, both the ups and downs. I had one long term relationships as well as others that I have no clue what you would call it. The one man that I've talked about in my previous blogs is gone, well somewhat. I've realized that he is not the best person for me, his actions, his views, the overall person he is does not truly sync with mine. That is something I need from someone. These other guys that are in my life, just simply do nothing but exist. For example, these other guys are people I really think are relationship potential, but just one thing stands in the way. This one guy is a serious workaholic. He loves his work, and works as much as he can, he is essential a salesmen. He even took a break off from school to ensure his career in sales. I admire his drive, but he is so consumed in his work and nothing else, so that definitely cannot work. We have great conversation, his personality is cool, but a workaholic. Next! Then there's this other wonderful, fine, hot man, but he goes to school. I like him, he's smart, has goals, ambitious, driven, but he is so far away!! That sucks. I guess, if we were in a committed relationship things would be different and we would prob see each other more often, but who knows, that situation is so complicated.
So one wish, to have a wonderful man in my life, that can help propel me in my endeavors.
Another wish I have is just being able to succeed. I have a big fear of failure, I don't want to be an old miserable person with nothing to show for it. I have so many people behind me and support me, that there is no turning back! For example, I had a spontaneous meeting with a Corporate Vice President of a major global company. I was so ecstatic, yet so nervous. But it is truly the people that I have behind me that makes me feel like I can do anything. Even when, I am alone, I will never really be alone. I will be walking through that door with the many people who love and support me.
So, yes, I have many wishes and dreams, more than the above mentioned, but once you believe in yourself all is possible.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

2 comments:
I really like this piece...well written and very inspiring.
btw you should get rid of this word verification thingy at the bottom for the comments.
I agree with Joy.
Keep your head up, I believe in you.. en todas areas de su vida!
Post a Comment