Two more days left to do your Christmas shopping? Are you finished? I know I'm not! I still need to get a gift for my mom and a few of my friends. Money is extremely tight and I will not be able to get everyone something, sorry!
From some people this season brings joy and happiness, while for others it brings them sorrow and misery. I initially think of those who recently lost loved ones and are forced to mourn this holiday. To my home girl Denise, I love you! Know that I am always here for you, and if you need me just remember I am only a phone call away!
Then, I am reminded on the value of friendship. I love my college friends, they have my back no matter what. There isn't one person at Binghamton who I can't call on for a lending hand, and I generously appreciate it. Then back home, the roles are reversed, which you would think would be the opposite. I am still cool with some girls from high school, my track girls! And there are others where college has drifted us apart. It was sad the other day when my former track coach named a list of girls and asked me if I still spoke to them, and I replied no, after no, after no, and to think we were inseparable.
I value friendship, they are the extended family that I don't have. I don't have cousins that I hang out with, and having friends make my day. At times, I feel sad because the ones who I call my best friends are no longer there as they were before. Granted everyone has their own problems and personal dilemmas they have to adhere to, but at the end of day, friendship is a two way street, and a friendship cannot exist if one person is solely doing the speaking.
I guess the point of this blog is to remember your friends, be happy, and enjoy the time you have with your loved ones.

2 comments:
Personally I'm sick of Christmas. Most likely due to the fact that I just finished my last final a few hours ago. People almost didn't get gifts this year. I went to H&M and did a one stop shop.
As for the friends, if they're not giving you what you need, drop them.
i heart you ms monae!!!...muah!!!...fa la la la la la la la la la..hehe...
signed ghost blogger!!!
Post a Comment