Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Groupie Love

Haven't posted in a few days, hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas, and Happy Kwanzaa.

My Christmas was wonderful. Unfortunately, my mom had to work, and there was no dinner on the table. She works in a hospital, and a hospital definitely doesn't sleep for the holidays. Granted, I could of cook a lil' something. Luckily, I had a great friend, who invited me to her family's house, without even knowing about my situation. I had a wonderful meal, full with all any person from West Indian heritage can ask for. Rice and peas, oxtail, curry goat, nice sweet ham, candied yams, lamb, and some nice sorrel to wash it all down, followed by some nice black cake to close the deal. After dinner was over, I had to decide what it was that I wanted to do after. I then, decided to stop by a few other friends' houses who were in the neighborhood to wish then a merry hello, then me and one of my college girls, one of my closest friends decided to stay local and go to a local club.

Inside the club was beautiful. It looked like one of those expensive lounges, like it belonged in Manhattan, but it was in our semi-quiet Westchester town. It was nice, it was an older scene, nice throwback music, and good drinks. I was just looking for a good time, and I am proud to say I did. I didn't get all dolled up, and wear a freak em' dress, just a nice classy silk button up, nice fitted jeans, and my fave cognac colored leather boots. As we glided on the dance floor, and two stepped to the music, the DJ announces that Jadakiss is in the building, and him and his crew stepped up to the VIP section. Me and my girl Mones just continued to two step it didn't phase us, but her close friend that she invited was very excited (plus she had a few shots of Patron in her) and stated,

"Ooh girl, Jadakiss is in the house, OMG! I'm going to see if my friend can get us up there with him in VIP!"

Me and Mones continued to two step and shrug our shoulders it didn't matter to us either way, we were having fun regardless. Homegirl got us up in VIP, and she was able to meet Jadakiss. She was thilled! They were flirting back and forth, exchanging laughs. Jadakiss said to her, "You know, your one of the baddest chicks in here!" and she laughed replying "Yeah, and my hair is real!" They both laughed until their bellies hurt.

At the end of the night, roughly around 4am, Jadakiss invited us to go out with him and his boys to go out for breakfast. Me and Mones decided to pass, while homegirl insisted that we accompany her. Something just told me not to go, plus I'm not a huge fan of Jadakiss like that anyway. Just when homegirl was about to sit in my car, she begins to pout, and Mones says, "they have cars, go with them and let them take you home." So she goes with another one of her friends, and that was the end of my day. I know what happened with homegirl and Jadakiss but I'll leave that another time.

The point of this is, I don't understand why people put celebrities on such a high pedestals. They are just like the rest of us. Simply human beings, they eat and shit, just like the rest of us. The other day, my friend told me, a guy from the Sopranos was shopping in Tiffany's, where she works, and everyone was going haywire. Why? I simply don't understand. Just because they have money, big houses, and flashy cars?

I don't know. What do you think?

3 comments:

JOY said...

Jadakiss isn't even hot.

JOY said...

and you guys declined breakfast?! I'm no groupie but i canNOT turn down food.

Jacinta J said...

Ok, let me just say this. They def didn't go and get breakfast. Jadakiss made a detour.

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?