All I do is think about the same things over and over again. All I can do is think about my future. If I am ever going to become anything at life. I know I am always the first person to say you can't compare yourself to him/her or you will never be happy. Which is so true, but at the end of the day, I find it hard to take my own advise. I've always been a winner, all throughout my academic career. I was number 1 in elementary school, I was in honors classes in both middle school and high school. However, since I enrolled in college it seems as if everything has went down hill. I believe I have all the skills necessary to be the best, but I dont know what it is. I am a very emotional person. I believe I do things best when my heart is in it.
During my freshman year, I had a lot of things going on. My mother was misdiagnosed with cancer, and had to undergo surgery to remove a large polyp off of her colon, and had to endure a long recovery. Also, during this same time, one of my childhood friends was murdered less than 3 blocks away from my home. Until now, his murdered is still a mystery. This took a lot of energy out of me, and I was not able to entirely focus on my studies due to all of the chaos in my personal life. My sophomore year was better, but I don't think it was my best. However, I did earn a 4.0 during the past summer, when I took 3 classes. I was very impressed with myself and I knew then that if I put my mind to it, I would be able to accomplish almost anything.
Then, the when I returned from studying abroad, I had to deal with the news that my godfather, who has been renting his home to my parents for all of my life wants us out of the house. Primarily due to the fact that my parents are not interest in leasing out his whole 2 family house. So now, my mother is working 16 hrs days in order to save money to move out into a new apartment. She is constantly worried and stressed out, and it hurts my heart to see her like this and not able to do anything about it. I feel like I am forced with the pressure of making sure I secure a paying internship this summer, and secure a job offer for when I graduate. I search and search, with no prevail.
I am not really too upset, because I am constantly exploring my options, and I am still uncertain as what I would after college. I know I have a strong interests in Finance and Consulting, but where I am still uncertain. I have a strong interest in fashion and media, and I would love to be in those industries.
I am proud to have a mentor who is there to direct and inspire me when I am feeling down, and I recommend everyone have someone who can do the same.
Hear are some words of wisdom.
"Just stay true to your heart, make the best decisions you can and know that we all make mistakes all of the time!!! This life. Standing up after the fall is what is essential. Rising up after the fall is what is essential."
"Leaders, the best ones...get hit a million times sometimes before they rise up. This makes the victory so much sweeter..."
Keep riding the waves and trusting your head and heart.
Here's a video clip, I'd like to share. Enjoy.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

No comments:
Post a Comment