Sunday, December 21, 2008

Seven Pounds

I watched Seven Pounds last night. Will Smith is a wonderful actor, and he is the sole reason as to why I wanted to see the movie, however, the movie was very disappointed. Perhaps it was all the hype it was receiving prior to its opening. When I seen Will Smith and Rosario Dawson on Oprah, and Oprah was giving it so much praise, I thought it had to be good. The story is mainly about, according to IMDb "an IRS agent with a fateful secret embarks on an extraordinary journey of redemption by forever changing the lives of seven strangers." The movie leaves you very confused until the last twenty minutes of the two hour film, this is when all of the puzzle pieces finally come together. I would probably have to watch it again to really appreciate it, because throughout the whole movie I was clueless to what was going on, which engaged me in the movie even more until it was over, I was very disappointed. I feel that the script was horribly written. However, I do not discourage anyone from watching it. Watch it please, and be your own judge.


6 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

wow...you thought it was horribly written? gosh...

well, I wrote a review on it and I think that movie has to be watched with an open mind so that you can take it all in...it was very easy to follow but you have to pay close attention to everything as well as the details here and there.

Someone else said they were lost but I think the movie allows you to piece it together as it goes...I was maybe confused the first 30 minutes but as it kept going it was pretty easy to see what he was doing.

Jacinta J said...

idk, I did watch it with an open mind, I was so eager to watch it. I don't know if because of all of the publicity it was receiving prior to its opening, may have given me false expectations. And you know when your expectations are really high, you become less satisfied.

Christina said...

Idk Jabinka...The movie was great!

Sometimes it's better to sit confused and then think about it in the end when it all comes together. If they had let us know his secret from the beginning, it wouldnt have that much of an impact. I think it's one of those movies where, if you don't have patience to see everything unfold, you won't appreciate it!

Truthfully, I didn't get it at first and I knew he would commit suicide but I didn't get why...but then at the end its like wow!..really! [cry histerically..LOL]

But yea...watch it again and if you still don't like it, then hmph..just wasn't for you!

Jacinta J said...

ugggh dont get me wrong, i liked it, just something about it didnt live to all of the pre hype it was receiving. I think it was a good gesture, the plot was cool, but idk i cant put my finger on it

Anonymous said...

i finally watched it...i liked it..thought it was a little scattered...but other than that i balled my eyes out...SO almost cried too hehe..anyways it was a great 2 hrs spent...

JOY said...

Girl I finally get to comment ..I saw it at the drive in. I actually loved this movie. It was kind of a slow moving movie so I can understand why it got so many mixed reviews but the message was awesome. It was so poignant, thank God because Will Smith was going down a downward spiral in his last few movies.

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?