Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a night...

Yesterday was a wonderful day! I went to my brother's track meet yesterday at the Armory. I had a really good time, despite I don't know anyone who is on my former track team, but being able to see my high school coaches and meet up with my former track mates and reminisce about the old times was a delight. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the whole track meet in order to see my brother achieve his personal best at the triple jump, hopefully next time. Oh how I love that stinker!

Later on in the evening, I went out to the Park, down on 10th Ave. Two of my friends who recently graduated from my college, was inviting everyone there to celebrate their birthdays there. It was a good time. It was nice being able to see all of my old friends, and reunite and reminisce again about my early college years. I am the youngest in my group of friends, and almost everyone is graduating this May, while I will have one more year to go.It was really nice seeing everyone, because there is no telling when I will reunite with all of these people in the same room.

Then all of my fun came to an abrupt stop when, we had to leave the party prior to 2:30am. Who leaves party that early?? Maybe in Binghamton, because the parties can get tired fast! But in the city?? I don't know. This is where I really missed Betsy, RIP Betsy. Betsy is my deceased car. I never realized how much I appreciated my old '91 Toyota Corolla. It got me from point A to point B, stereo was working well along with a good heating system, which would be essential for this cold, cold winter we are having. I never showed Betsy how much I loved her, I used to joke and say oh this old thing is going to die on me any day now, which is not what I wanted. I just wanted it to last 2 more years until I was able to afford to purchase a new one. A car is, a passenger vehicle designed for operation on ordinary roads and typically having four wheels and a gasoline or diesel internal-combustion engine. However, a car holds a very symbolic meaning. One of which would be my independence. I feel as if now, a part of my independence has melted away, I now have to be dependent on others to get to where I need to go. I miss Betsy, and hopefully I will have a Betsy Jr. in the near future.

Anyway, back to the party, at first, I was solely concerned with trying to "bag a man" as my friends would call it, but at the end of the night it was not a success. I went out to buy a hot new dress, and nothing! This goes back to a blog I read before, where someone stated that men are not attracted to women who are with a group of other women. Granted I was surrounded by a group of wonderful, gorgeous women, but why would that halt men from coming our way. The only time I was approached by a nice pair of men last night was when I was with me and my friend. So is this true, men are hesitant to approaching women when they are surrounded by a group of there friends? I guess this means I need to go out solo, or with two other people max!


Photobucket

1 comment:

V. said...

Please excuse me, but stay away from me at the next party..

And please keep the track groupies at bay, your brother is mine. LOL

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?