Today while driving in the car with my mother this morning, I was listening to the Ed Lover Show on Power 105.1 FM. Karrine Steffans was their featured guest and she was promoting her new book, which is entitled, The Vixen Manual How to find, keep and seduce the man you want. From the title alone it seems very entriguing, and knowing her personal history with numerous celebrity men, it makes it even more entriguing. She mentioned some of her key points, and some of the flaws women(particulary black women) have in their relationships.
One of her points were, that even if a women may not be "single" we should still be a singular person. Meaning that we should not drop everything now that we are in a relationship. For example, women have the tendancy to alienate themselves from their friends and their family, in order to be with their significant other. I haven't been in a committed relationship for almost 2 yrs, but I have noticed this among many of my female friends. She had also stated, and Ed had concurred with her that this is not something that we see men do. They rarely cancel seeing tonight's basketball game to hang out with their girl, or dismiss their friends to be with their girlfriend in the same fashion as women do.
Karrine is trying to say that even though, we as women, may not be "single" it doesnt mean that we should put aside all of the things we did when we were single. We should still have a singular life outside of our relationship.
What are your thoughts on this? Why do you think women tend to push their friends to the side and cling to their man? Is their a lesson to be learn from this?
After to listening to this morning show, I am really intrigued with this book. I might end up getting it.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

1 comment:
I feel like some women have longed for relationships for so long that they believe when their man comes that the relationship will be an unconditional, everlasting love. Some women will do anything to keep this, and put their man in the forefront of everything in their lives! No bueno. Guys.. not so much.
Post a Comment