So, I dont feel old. Im only 21! This should be my prime years! But I feel like a grandma, sitting on the couch watching Girlfriends.
Can someone please tell me what 21 symbolizes? In less than a year, I will be a college graduate, I will be entering into this cruel "real world". I'm getting invited to drink a Corona with my uncle, when not that long ago, it seemed like drinking alcohol with my family is a taboo. Now, family and family friends are asking me where/who is the man in my life. I'm getting jokes from my uncle saying when I get a man, im going to make my computer come between any male relations i have. Then I go to this caribbean bakery that my family goes to for years, I run into my cousin's father. He looks at me and says,
Him: What's his name
Me: What's who's name?
Him: Your boyfriend.
Me: I dont have one.
Him: Why not?
Me: (Sarcastically) Im trying to focus on my school work.
Since we all know that's what old people like to hear.
Lady: But you know, you need to make time for a boyfriend too now.
Wth! Its like we've just made a 360 turn in no time, I feel like it was just the other day, I used to get lectures about I better not get pregnant. And, it was just the other day, I used to take my car all over the place to see a man. And now, Im carless and manless, what a great combo!
Its funny because all these old people are basically telling me this is the time I need to slow down and find a man lol, I would love to have one, but I'll let mother nature take its course.
Right now, the only thing that is on my mind, is finishing up my degree, getting a nice job, making money and getting this a car!
I can't stop my life to find a man even though it feels like all my friends around me are boo'ed up. All of my friends are out on dates, spending intimate times with the one they love. Its so cute, and I am happy for them. It makes me seem like I should have one to, just to pass the time. lol I make it seem like having a man is like having a teddy bear.
I just wish I can rewind time, when I always have something to do, and I am not plagued by the thoughts of my future.
I'm not old, I'm young with not much to do.
Things will change too.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

1 comment:
hey wassup..im diggin ur blog..follow me on my blog!!!
Post a Comment