Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Flawed...

I'm sitting here thinking of all of the different career aspirations I've had, and how they have so drastically changed over the years.

I look at myself in the mirror and think about how I have changed so much over the pass few years. I've grown. I'm wiser. I want so much for myself.

I lay here and think, as I am trying to get rid of this throbbing headache, that I am human, and I am flawed.

I believe my biggest flaw, is not believing in the many talents that I have. Not believing in myself as much as the people around me do. Not believing that I am capable of handling the skills that other people believe I possess.

Today I vow to believe in me, and follow my heart and what my mind, body and soul desires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thought of what you will ultimately end up pursuing as a life career is quite mystifying. Throughout that process, the mind is muddled with uncertainty that can sometimes seem to suffocate it, even strangle it almost to death.

Something worse than that, though, is the nagging, incessant, wanton feeling that we will never match up to our counterparts, our opponents, our enemies, our partners, or those we love and care for most. Maturity, time, and old cliches can then step in and comfort us and let us know that everyone's situation is different. It's hard to realize that although things look better on the outside, it's impossible to ever know what's troubling those we see that seem to be at the highest of their highs in life. While they may visibly possess something you want, they may have an agonizing longing for something that you take for granted, or have in boundless amounts.

As a loving and devoted friend, your talents are limitless as long as you wake up each day being the wonderful person you are. Keep on believing in yourself, and know you are loved, cherished and can do anything in the world.

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?