Sunday, November 30, 2008

consumer nation!

What a horrible start to a day of big sales and large spending. Is property really worth more than a life?





**Note: Other sources say that the pregnant women and her unborn child is ok.
What really disturbs me is that after I posted this video from youtube.com, I began to read comments about this incident. A majority of the comments stated that this is a problem that only happens in Black communities. Correction, the demographics of Valley Stream, NY is:

Latino
12.3%

White
71.4%

Black
7.5%

Asian
6.9%

Other
1.8%

Median Household: Above $78,000.

Someone commented, "Face the truth. This was a 99% black crowd.Black culture is the problem. Watch this vid and judge for yourself...Let this truth not be silenced. Black culture needs fixing, not coddling. Mainstream media are not allowed to show the truth."

This comment frustrated me beyond belief, what are your opinions what do you think think? Do you think this riot reflects poorly on black people as a whole? If, so how do you think this can be changed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon you know they are going to paint ignorance with a Black face. They already painted welfare, crime and incarceration on us when if anyone really checks we are not the majority in any of these stats. In order to reinforce a stereotype you have to show them as animals and uncivilized. Buck up you know the truth!

JOFre$h said...

you know whats crazy, Thats the exact store I work in. They closed the store for 5 1/2 hrs only to open back up for GREED.

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?