Saturday, November 15, 2008

solitude

Alone.
Seclusion.
Apart.
Different.

These are among the many ways that I feel. I am surrounded by people, every hour of the day. But, none of these people are ones I can call my best friends. You would see me and look at me, and say what are you talking about, you have lots of friends. And, would reply, they are merely acquaintances. I do believe I have a few people whom I can call friends, people that I can hang out with, people who I know are there where I need them, when I am bored and also when I am on the verge of shedding tears. Its weird and times, cuz I dont. I think of when I was home at school, and myself and others would consider myself to be fairly popular. I had lots of friends, I would receive phone calls constantly, every month I went over or was on the brink of using all of my minutes. Its funny, when it all finally hits me. A weekend where everyone's friends come to visit, and I have no massive group of people on my floor, or no one to fight over the sheets with. Its funny when you go to a neighboring hotel, to see so many people you know. Four hours away from your school, and not one of them give you a call to say hey.

I am alone, and sometimes I don't mind, but sometimes it would be nice to have a shoulder to lean on, someone that is your peer, someone who is experiencing what you are going through this exact moment. I feel alone, and I at times I never really felt appreciated for whom I am and the qualities that I portray. I want people to be there for me, not only when I call, but when I don't call, and have others call me and think, oh I just wanted to see how your doing. Right now, I can't say that I do. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I dont have that. I do, but its still not the relationship I would wish for. My mother would tell me being alone is alright, you were born alone, and you stand alone. I am grateful for that, and sometimes solitude is fine, and greatly wanted.

Perhaps its this college lifestyle that is pulling me away from everything. I just really dont understand. My college experience, or college experience in general, is suppose to be an uplifting experience, enhancing your knowledge, allowing you to be aware of many different things. Without a doubt, it is doing that! I am learning so much, and I am grateful for my knowledge, but at the same time, I feel as my education is pulling me away from my friends, derailing me from my original beliefs. I don't really know what to think about it, or what next step needs to be taken.

I guess alone time is what I need to regroup my thoughts, but is being alone worth it, if no one can understand you but yourself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl..stop that mess!!

JOY said...

you are not alone...call me..talk to me...
its true because we are in college we may not have the time to catch up with old friends and vice versa....Sometimes I can go weeks without speaking to my friends and after we curse each other out( of course) we catch up and its great ...if someone doesn't call you doesn't mean you cant call them...try taking the initiative to make a phone call when you need someone do not always expect someone to call u ..if they are your real friends they will be there....and I'm sure they will reciprocate that behavior when they need help...go with open arms and people will come with open arms

Sometimes I feel like no one gets me no one understand what i am going through and its true unless you are in my shoes you cannot understand AND I know and understand that...it would be nice if someone heard your side maybe they can relate in some ways nonetheless just expressing your feelings ( even if one doesn't understand) can be alleviating...listen to music...

just know you are not alone seriously talk to me girl when ever you have a prob...even if you just want to rant... holler! and this is what blogging is for right....You are NOT alone

Hunger

...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?