The last post, was about my lack of friends and how I feel alone, but as I reflect in that, I can only think my lack of real friends is a product of the my lack of people whom I would call close family. If I was to look at it extensively, I have a big family, but it I was to look at it in a smaller spectrum, then I only have my mother, father, brother, uncle (mother's brother), and a family friend. These are all of the active family in my life. All others, either my parents never has a good relationship with or, they had kicked us to the curve. I set down and think of that, how I was really close with my godfather (my mother's great aunt's husband). He had been really good to us, allowing my brother and I to attend school in his district by illegally using his address, and the Christmas and birthday cards filled with money. Until suddenly he has been reduced to less than an acquaintance, when he wrote eviction letter to my parents. giving them less that two months to pack up 21 years of stuff as well as find a new place.
I couldn't understand, how someone so close to me, could treat me and my family this way. He was one of the closest family members that I have ever had, and all of that has ended all due to a stinking letter.I deeply envy those who tell me they have lots of cousins or aunts, and all I can account for is one wonderful uncle who is always there when I need him, and another aunt and uncle but I am not that close to them nor there many children. With my lack of family, I guess this is where my need of friends come in. Good friends is hard to come by, but when you find them , don't let them go. I have a few, that I want to cherish for ever, and I hope this friendship doesn't end when graduation comes around.
Friends to me are like the extended family that I never had.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

No comments:
Post a Comment