"I loved that woman for many reasons, but mostly because she believed in me when I really needed someone to. Her confidence meant a lot."
I took this quote from a fellow blogger. When I read this I immediately think of my mentor. She is an amazing women, and has the characteristics that I aspire to have in the future. I know that I can always count on here when I am feeling down. To know that someone else has so much confidence in you and your success when you don't is simply amazing. All she has to do is tell me simple words via email like "You are doing great today. Don't forget, okay?!" Words like that just brighten my day, and gives me to extra emmph I need to continue my day.
This women has a special place in my heart. She motivates me to be the best person I can be, and gives me the assurance that I am on the right path.
But then it makes me revert back to my piece where I spoke about loneliness. With no denying it, no matter how many people I am surrounded with, or how many people tell me they love me, I can't help but feel alone and that no one understands me. Love is defined as a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person or thing. In order to feel that way about something else you need to first feel that way about yourself. Its hard for me to say, but at times I don't completely love myself. I doubt myself and my capabilities. At times, I feel as if I am on the right path, but then life seems to overwhelm me and egoism steps in, and I become very defensive and do not want work from anyone, especially when I need it the most.
One thing I realize is that we need to value our worth, and be grateful for our existence on this lovely planet. As a word, love can be found worldwide and is often used to describe compassion and/or emotional attachment. Accepting those you love for who they are is part of love. You also need to learn to accept yourself before you can accept another. If you cannot love your self, how are you to love another? You may even find it difficult to even search your heart for that little bit of love you have for yourself, but that is the number one step we need to take.
There are many different ways to accomplish this. I found this website with a list of tips and ways to love yourself, I fully agree that this is the ultimate step.( http://www.attractionmindmap.com/how-to-love-yourself-in-17-ways/)
1. Fall in love with yourself.
2. Eliminate self criticism.
“I CAN is 100 times more important than IQ.” — unknown
3. Be kind and positive.
- When you are positive and kind to yourself, you eventually believe your words and actions then loving yourself comes natural.
4. Acknowledge Your Effort.
5. Trust Yourself. And be truthful to yourself.
- You would be surprised at how much you actually know, and if you don't, don't fake it, the truth will set you free.
6. Forgive yourself.
“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
Lewis B. Smedes
There are so much more things you can do to improve the love you have for yourself. Relaxation, reflection, positive affirmations, spiritual healing, being healthy or just simply having fun.
“I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes." - Virginia Satir
Do you truly love yourself? What do you do to get through the day?
I truly want to know. ;-)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunger
...hungry for emotional stability
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?
...hungry for success.
Hunger is a strong or compelling desire or craving.
I desire....
...love.
...good health.
...passion.
But when I achieve this, will I still be hungry?

3 comments:
great steps to loving yourself ...
Follow them and you will get there (even though i think you're already there)
girl...i feel ya..
Beyonce said it best"make sure you have your own life before you are someone else's wife" its crazy to even hear something like that coming from Bey especially being in the lime light...but anyway it proves we must love ourselves , know ourselves first before getting into any relationships with others and when I say relationships I mean friendships , lovers, husbands,etc...
I'm beginning to love myself more and more.
What do I do to get through the day? I think as everyday as a life lesson I try to make everyday a movement... one step forward.I know I have many flaws( I am human) and I try to work on these flaws on a daily basis, working on my flaws and asking others for feedback on my improvements helps me to love my self more that's the truth...It also helps me to get to know myself a little better and slowly but surely I'm loving myself more and more...
Post a Comment